He is not lactose intolerant because soy has lactose in it and he does fine with that. It is the milk protein that is in cows milk that makes his belly hurt. Anyways, I am up for any ideas for snacks because anything made with cow's milk makes his belly hurt, i.e. milk, cheese, yogurt, and pudding are the things that I have discovered so far. Oh, and babies usually grow out of this by the time they are 2-3 y/o. Poor baby Park - he wasn't being a bad baby for 6 mo. on purpose - he had a bad belly - duh mom. Oh and just an FYI a little carton of soy milk is just a little over $4 - the formula is actually cheaper.Friday, February 6, 2009
My babies MILK allergy
So some of you may know that Park was a very BAD colicky baby until about 6 months. I switched him to soy formula at that time and he seemed to do better. Now that he is 1 I have been trying to give him whole milk. Well his belly can't tolerate it - I even tried only 1 oz. in a bottle with his soy and he still had diarrhea.

He is not lactose intolerant because soy has lactose in it and he does fine with that. It is the milk protein that is in cows milk that makes his belly hurt. Anyways, I am up for any ideas for snacks because anything made with cow's milk makes his belly hurt, i.e. milk, cheese, yogurt, and pudding are the things that I have discovered so far. Oh, and babies usually grow out of this by the time they are 2-3 y/o. Poor baby Park - he wasn't being a bad baby for 6 mo. on purpose - he had a bad belly - duh mom. Oh and just an FYI a little carton of soy milk is just a little over $4 - the formula is actually cheaper.
He is not lactose intolerant because soy has lactose in it and he does fine with that. It is the milk protein that is in cows milk that makes his belly hurt. Anyways, I am up for any ideas for snacks because anything made with cow's milk makes his belly hurt, i.e. milk, cheese, yogurt, and pudding are the things that I have discovered so far. Oh, and babies usually grow out of this by the time they are 2-3 y/o. Poor baby Park - he wasn't being a bad baby for 6 mo. on purpose - he had a bad belly - duh mom. Oh and just an FYI a little carton of soy milk is just a little over $4 - the formula is actually cheaper.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
that pretty much sucks! Sorry! I don't know what I would feed my kids if they didn't eat dairy! I laughed about Parker getting into everything! Pay back kinda stinks :) Just train Seth early to pick up after him!
O, I feel bad for him! Poor little Park:(
I am Megan, Lana's sister I live in your ward. Anyway, she told me to read this because my baby has the same thing. I have some papers that I can copy if you would like me to that give ideas of what you can and can't eat. I have a can of soy formula that you can have, it has never been opened. My baby had to go on Similac Alimentum. I hope that for both of our babies sakes they out grow it sooner rather than later, it is a very boring life without your milk products.
Oh man! If I had ideas I would share - good luck. I hope he does grow out of it. It is so fun to see your cute family.
That is so hard...I had to switch Rusty to Similac Sensitive, and my doctor told me to use that instead of soy, so hopefully he won't have a hard time going to milk when he's a year!...but I don't know many non-milk snacks! See if "google" knows. :)
Thats too bad Suz, the poor little guy! I wish i had some food ideas... i had to eliminate dairy products from my diet and table sugar when i was nursing shae because the doc told me she could not break down the protiens in either (he called it sucroisomaltase deficiency). I ate tons of fruit and veg's and pretty much starved because everything has milk or sugar in it i swear!
Post a Comment