Monday, October 4, 2010

The Big THIRTY !!

Thats right today is my Birthday and I am no longer in my 20's - I am 30 !!! I haven't paid much attention to my birthdays after I turned 21 - I didn't ever feel any older and it felt like just another day. Well, I have been dreading this birthday because 30 sounds really old!!! So how do I feel on my 30th birthday ?? .... I am tired, feel like my body is 60, and can't find the energy to exercise .. ever. So everyone who keeps telling me "your only as old as you feel - I feel pretty dang old.

So I thought I would look for some inspiring quotes to make me feel better on my birthday.
The only time you really live fully is from thirty to sixty. The young are slaves to dreams; the old servants to regrets. Only the middle-aged have all their five senses in the keeping of their wits. -- Harvey Allen
Time and Tide wait for no man, but time always stands still for a woman of thirty.
--- Robert Frost
These quotes actually did make me feel a little better about being 30! Im not going through a mid-life crisis (yet) - I am perfectly happy with the way my life is right now. Me and Jord left the kids with my parents and stayed overnight for some alone time. It was so nice to get away - Jord's not the greatest at finding me presents and actually I would rather pick something out myself. So we went shopping and I found the cutest jacket a couple shirts and perfume.
Thanks for all the b-day wishes, thanks to my parents for watching the boys, and thanks to my hubby for loving me lots on my birthday!!!

2 comments:

Jenny and Porter said...

Happy Birthday Suz! Thirty is just a number. At least you look like you are still 21!

mason said...

Happy Birthday!! I know how you feel. I had issues with 30 as well!!