Wednesday, April 28, 2010
BirThDay CakEs !!!!
I was more than happy to have Matt & Heather bring Miley over to let us celebrate her B-Day along with Seth's. I was also glad to have an excuse to make a Pink cake for once. Now - here is the cake story:
I have been wanting to try this "EASY" fondant recipe for a long time. I probably should have practiced on something before the actual birthday, but who has time for practice. The fondant wasn't all that hard to make neither were the cakes. It was rolling the fondant out and getting it onto the cake that was the tricky part. (I didn't have time to brush all my powdered sugar marks off, didn't care either)
I thought that I would really like this and maybe start making a tradition of having a really cool cake for your birthday. I hated every minute of it!! If I try a fondant cake again I will make sure that I have at least 5 hours just to worry about putting the fondant on and that my kids arent "helping" me. Oh I didn't get a picture of the inside of the cake, but Miley had purple cake, and Seth's was layered with blue and green - the cake tasted good, I didn't think that the fondant was very good to eat.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Suz...I would say you did a FABULOUS job on both! Thanks for warning me never to mess with fondant;)
Post a Comment