
My Grandpa Bryce passed away today. Those of you who had the opportunity to meet my Grandpa know how special he was. I have never met anyone who didn't have anything but great things to say about him. I have very special memories of spending time with my Grandpa on the farm when I was younger and those times have been and will be missed. Since my Grandma passed (8 yrs ago) it has been really hard to watch my grandpa cope with her being gone and trying to help my dad on the farm. He tried and tried to get out and do something every day even if he had to crawl onto his 4-wheeler to do so. His hearing was completely gone and the last stroke he had took nearly all his body function. Unfortunately it wasn't possible to care for him at home so he has been back and forth from nursing homes and hospitals. When I got the news this morning that he had passed all I could think about was that he was walking, talking, laughing, (and hearing) with my Grandma. I'm very sad that he is gone, but very happy for him at the same time. I LOVE you Grandpa - you will be missed !!
2 comments:
We are sorry to hear about your Grandpa. We hope your doing o.k. Please give your family our sympathies.
Suz,
Sorry about Gpa Bryce. He was such a nice guy. I just smile when I think of how if he didn't hear you he would just smile and nod his head. What a good guy.
Post a Comment