Wednesday, March 23, 2011

R.I.P.

Even though Seth's face doesn't show it - we had a sad day at our house today. Eugene - (Mr. Crabs) - and the salamander (no name) died. Eugene was brought home about 3 days ago from Pets Mart and i'm sure he died because he didnt have the correct habitat. Jord caught the salamander at lunch today and we brought it home in a gatorade bottle, it was such a nice day he got left on the deck in the sun while the boys played on the tramp and sandbox. Well I guess the salamander wasn't enjoying the sun as much as the kids were.
Seth wanted to bury them in a butter box in the dirt, but Jord threw them away when he got home he hadn't heard about the funeral plans. I hate to say I told you so, but I told Jord that the crab wouldn't last a week because we don't have the right stuff for him to live in. He said to keep the reciept and they had a 14 day guarentee well it seems a bit much to take him back dead for $2.49 - oh wait he is in the trash....
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Jenny and Porter said...

Poor little animals. I'm sure you'll have many more, as much as your kids like little creatures like that.