Monday, August 29, 2011

Our 1st Stitches!!

We went down to Jared and Juli's for lunch one Sunday afternoon and the kids were playing outside. Seth came in the house holding his chin crying and I knew it was going to be split open.
After cleaning it up a bit I really didn't want to take him in unless I really needed to, but it was like hamburger. It would have never healed with steri-strips, it would have just kept splitting open.

So in we went to the ER and Dr. Curtis was awesome with Seth and agreed that he needed a few stitches. Luckily Grandma ReNae was at work and she was able to come see him, but he was super nervous about the whole thing. I put some numbing medicine on it before the Dr. had to inject his numbing medicine in the wound, and he didn't even feel much.


He looks pretty rough - This was all within the first few days of him learning how to ride his bike with no training wheels. Bumps, Scrapes, Bruises, and Stitches!!


Before and After photos - only 3 stitches!




3 comments:

The Perry Family said...

OUCH! poor Seth. You've got some cute kids!!!

Talbot Family said...

I haven't seen you in FOR-EVER...we've been watching sandlot at our house! hehehe, looks like you have had a lot of fun! Summers are so crazy, I'm kinda glad school has started so we can get into a routine again! Hope to see ya real soon!

Jen said...

Darn it!! I've got a scar there too!