Monday, June 7, 2010

Update


Time for a well needed update.

Seth finished pre-school and was sad he wasnt going to be able to see his preschool friends much this summer. He has gotten so big and smart this past year. All of the computer, DS, and Wii playing has really taught him his numbers he can count until you tell him to stop, and he can add very well - I didn't teach him he just started adding up things and away he went. He is also super excited to play T-ball this summer with his cousins and neighbor buddies.

Parker has gotten an attitude and we are not sure where it came from. I thought he would be my easy potty trainer, but he has decided to make this task very difficult. He wants to be outside 24/7 driving the Ford power wheels. He is very good at driving it and he is also loving the sandbox, sand, dirt, mud, pretty much anything dirty and messy.

Jordan has been busy working and when he is not working he is still busy trying to work. He is so good with playing outside with the boys because I am not a great outsider. He is playing on a few softball teams this summer and we all enjoy going to watch him play. I think that he got MVP at least 5 times last year. I think that the score keeper must have had a thing for him, just kidding he is pretty good.

Me - I have decided to take a well needed break from the hospital. I have only been an RN for 4 years and I am almost completely burned out. I love nursing and I don't want to get burned out, I actually used to enjoy going to work. Therefor, I have decided to do something that I have wanted to do for a long time, but just never had the time cause I was spending it all at the hospital. I am going to ISU for a 10 week nail technician program. I LOVE IT!! Sounds crazy I know, I am still going to work a few shifts here and there at the hospital, but I can also start to build a clientele doing nails, pedicures, etc. and I can eventually do this out of my home...... The point here is all to be home more with the ones who I really care about and that is my family.




4 comments:

mason said...

That is awesome!! I love being home with my chilly willy's! Good luck with the nails. I get gel toes all of the time and I LOVE them!!

The Foster's said...

Awesome Suz, great update and so happy for you to be able to be more. I know you are one awesome nurse, but family is always first. Best of luck with nail thing girlie, sure you will do fabulous with your spunky personality;)

Michelle W. Nate said...

Wow! I think that sounds wonderful. Way to take it on!

aust, jess, janson said...

oh suz i'm so sorry i didn't tell you myself about the girl. I didn't really think anyone would care much:) I'm so happy you decided to do the nail thing! it will be so fun for a break! and anytime you need a grunt... give me a call!! send the boys down the road to play one of these days!!(if it stops raning for five seconds)/